system slowdown

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Wed Mar 29 21:57:00 GMT 2006

On 29 March 2006 13:32, Alex Gonzalez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am seeing a strange slowdown in my system and I am wondering whether
> it could be caused by newlib's floating point support.

  Well, did you just recompile and install a new version of newlib?

  Your post is not very clear.  If you are seeing a "slowdown", you must mean
than it is slower than it was at some time previously.  So it is something
that you have done since then that has caused the slowdown.  Unless you
changed newlib, newlib will not have changed.  So it's hard to see how it
could be the cause of your system being slower than before.

  What did you change?  What are you comparing it to in order to be able to
say it is slower?  More details, please!

    cheers,
      DaveK