hidden symbol `__divdi3' is referenced by DSO

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Thu Dec 2 21:47:00 GMT 2004

The rpath is also used to tell the linker where to find shared libraries during
the link.  See the paragraph below.  I know I had to add it to my script that
builds my shared executables.

`-rpath DIR'
      Add a directory to the runtime library search path.  This is used
      when linking an ELF executable with shared objects.  All `-rpath'
      arguments are concatenated and passed to the runtime linker, which
      uses them to locate shared objects at runtime.  The `-rpath'
      option is also used when locating shared objects which are needed
      by shared objects explicitly included in the link; see the
      description of the `-rpath-link' option.  If `-rpath' is not used
      when linking an ELF executable, the contents of the environment
      variable `LD_RUN_PATH' will be used if it is defined.

-- Jeff J.