stdio semantics (global vs. local reent) question

Till Straumann strauman@slac.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 22 09:52:00 GMT 2004

Hi

I'm trying to understand how changes to stdio semantics that
were made during 2004 could impact RTEMS.

It seems that FILE objects now are allocated in a global scope.
However, shouldn't stdin/stdout/stderr (and only these) reside
in the 'per-task' reent structure (from where they would be purged
by __reclaim_reent() since cleanup_r walks the argument's
struct reent list)?
The current implementation seems to allocate a stdio triple
from GLOBAL_REENT for each thread which are not reclaimed.

Thanks
-- Till

PS: please CC me on any replies, I'm not on this list...