isspace() & i18n

egor duda deo@logos-m.ru
Mon Jun 11 13:26:00 GMT 2001

Hi!

Monday, 11 June, 2001 J. Johnston jjohnstn@cygnus.com wrote:

JJ>   Could you explain what scenarios you envision where the header
JJ> files end up newer than the Cygwin dll?  I could see a user
JJ> updating the dll without updating the header files, but I find it
JJ> highly unlikely the opposite would occur.

user may want to roll back if he found some bugs in new version of dll
that's critical for him. Currently, most applications will continue
working, because even if some apis are added to dll, they're more or
less "exotic", so applications that make use of them are few. but with
is*() apis, almost every application built against new headers will be
incompatible with earlier versions of dll. so, backing things up may
be quite hard.