How to read documentation
J. Johnston
jjohnstn@cygnus.com
Fri Aug 18 12:25:00 GMT 2000
Mats Liljegren wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to read the documentation for the sources. I managed to read
> porting.texi by using pdftex, but I haven't figured out how to read
> texinfo-files. I can get info-files from them, but that doesn't help me
> much as I don't know how to view info-files either. I can't find in any
> readme-file what to do with either texinfo or info files.
>
> I would prefer to have them in pdf-format, which I can create from
> tex-format using pdftex. But postscript is good enough.
>
> Does anyone know how to make either pdf or postscript files out of info
> or texinfo files?
>
> Regards,
> Mats
You can create a libc.ps file as follows:
make info dvi
Once done, go to "newlib build directory"/"target specifier"/newlib/libc and do
make libc.ps
Do whatever you want with the .ps file. Note that the make info must be done before dvi.
Regarding viewing info files: Assuming you have done a make info install-info, set the environment
variable INFOPATH to point to "newlib install directory"/info and then issue:
info -f libc.info
You can also specify the --directory option on the info call if you don't want to set the
environment
variable. Issue info --help for more details.
-- Jeff Johnston (Red Hat Inc.)
More information about the Newlib
mailing list