Problem recursing configure into add-on's stand alone sub-project.
Ryan Arnold
ryan.arnold@gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:12:00 GMT 2009
I have an add-on 'foo' which I enable with
--enable-add-ons=foo,nptl
The addon 'foo' requires a sub-project to be statically linked into
it. We'll call this 'bar'.
Sub-project 'bar' is maintained officially out-of-tree and has it's
own configure.ac and Makefile.in.
So the structure is:
glibc/foo/
glibc/foo/configure.in
glibc/foo/bar
glibc/foo/bar/configure.ac
The glibc/foo/configure.in looks like this:
GLIBC_PROVIDES
libc_add_on_canonical=dfp
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([bar])
The GLIBC configure stage does indeed recurse into here and generates
configure as:
# This file is generated from configure.in by Autoconf. DO NOT EDIT!
libc_add_on_canonical=dfp
subdirs="$subdirs bar"
Unfortunately configure DOESN'T recurse into foo/bar/configure.in.
Does anyone know how to get this to work? The documentation isn't helpful.
I tried doing AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([foo/bar]) but that doesn't work.
I've also tried adding libc_add_on_subdirs=bar to foo/configure.in but
that doesn't work either.
Outside of the glibc build system AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(bar) is enough to
get this to work. I suspect it's due to the 'addon' machinery.
Ryan S. Arnold
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list