NSS with SUCCESS=continue

Sylvain debian.roxx@gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 19:15:00 GMT 2009

2009/9/8 Petr Baudis <pasky@suse.cz>:
> I meant it in another way: Does `group: mysql files` do what you want to
> achieve?
Yes it does but my question was oriented functional point of view.

> The important point here is that results do not carry over; if you use
> [SUCCESS=continue], that means the looked up value is thrown away and
> the total result of the query is the result from the next databases.
> I'm not sure when would you ever like to override the SUCCESS status.
> :-)
It's ok.
I have retry my first example which works now ! Most probably nscd was
running again but I doubt, next results of « getent group sudo » was
differents so it's certainly a pebkac ;-) Again time wasted raaaahh
:-/

I have a last question about getgrent & getpwent primitives : why
theses functions doesn't retrieve data according my configuration in
nsswitch.conf (or again i'm wrong ?)

Here an example :
Assumption : group sudo is in /etc/group (user AAA) & in mysql
database (users BBB, CCC)

nsswitch.conf :
group:          mysql files

getent group | grep sudo (different than getent group sudo which use getgrnam)
sudo:*:27:BBB,CCC
sudo:*:27:AAA

Mysql results are a success so why I get files entries ?

Thanks in advance,
Sylvain