building only libm from glibc source

Carlos O'Donell carlos@systemhalted.org
Tue Jun 17 12:42:00 GMT 2008


On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Martin Koeppe <mkoeppe@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Interix the system libm is buggy, so I need a replacement. My idea is to
> only build the libm part out of the glibc sources, but unfortunately this
> doesn't seem that easy. There seem to be many dependencies to the libc part.
> I'm only interested in the libm.a and libm.so files, I currently don't need
> to build/install the glibc headers. Any help here in how to get that working
> would be appreciated.

I *think* you should be able to build just libm.so with this:

make -r PARALLELMFLAGS="" CVSOPTS="" -C ../../src/libc/math objdir=`pwd` all

It may need to build other required dependencies.

> To overcome the system libm bugs I currently use libm from newlib, but
> unfortunately this one has other bugs, too, so I now think it's necessary to
> try glibc's libm.

Fix newlib?

Cheers,
Carlos.



More information about the Libc-help mailing list