building only libm from glibc source

Martin Koeppe mkoeppe@gmx.de
Tue Jun 17 08:49:00 GMT 2008


Hi all,

I'm porting Debian to the Interix platform, see
http://www.debian-interix.net

On Interix the system libm is buggy, so I need a replacement. My idea is to 
only build the libm part out of the glibc sources, but unfortunately this 
doesn't seem that easy. There seem to be many dependencies to the libc part. 
I'm only interested in the libm.a and libm.so files, I currently don't need to 
build/install the glibc headers. Any help here in how to get that working would 
be appreciated.

Building the whole glibc is a long-term issue, as I think this won't get easy. 
(The system libc misses several features, so having glibc would be a benefit.)

To overcome the system libm bugs I currently use libm from newlib, but 
unfortunately this one has other bugs, too, so I now think it's necessary to 
try glibc's libm.

Thanks in advance

Martin



More information about the Libc-help mailing list