[Y2038] Question about porting y2038-tests to glibc

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 13:49:20 GMT 2020

On 11/4/20 6:37 AM, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> It looks like the "user mode" will not help us much. It adjust received
> from target syscalls and pass them to host.
>
> This means that clock_settime64 will adjust host time.
>
> It now looks to me that the most feasible solution would be to use
> ./cross-test-ssh.sh script with QEMU emulated ARM system [1].
>
> I do use there sshfs to mount glibc build directory. In terms of
> performance it could be replaced with NFS or I could use ssh to execute
> test program (built with e.g. -static) and get result.

This is disappointing.

It is the least appealing option because of the amount of maintenance
we need to do to keep this option working.

How do we plan to maintain this solution?

* How is the kernel built?
  - From kernel sources and defconfig?
* How is the kernel updated?
  - qemu is told to run a specific built kernel
* How is the VM image maintained?
* Where does the VM image come from?

Carlos.