[patch] Adjust AT_EXECFN on explicit loader invocation

Ondřej Bílka neleai@seznam.cz
Mon Nov 18 23:02:00 GMT 2013


On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 01:25:09PM -0800, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Ondřej Bílka <neleai@seznam.cz> wrote:
> 
> > This is quite confusing when stack grows up, a this part will skip a
> > AT_NULL auxval
> 
> I don't believe that's true. AFAIU, there will still be a NULL entry
> between the last envp and the auxv[].
>
Then this makes less sense as AT_NULL is last entry a test would fail
without reading auxval. 

Is there any reason not use getauxval(AT_EXECFN) for test?

 
> However, I don't have any machines that use strack grows up, so I can't test it.
> 
> > and what happens if there is no AT_EXECFN?
> 
> The test would fail. Are there any kernels on which glibc works, which
> have aux vector, and which do not put AT_EXECFN into it?
> 
> Thanks,
> -- 
> Paul Pluzhnikov



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list