[PATCH] Use __glibc_(un)likely instead __builtin_expect.

Ondřej Bílka neleai@seznam.cz
Wed Dec 4 09:55:00 GMT 2013


On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:48:43PM +0530, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:01:31AM +0200, Ondřej Bílka wrote:
> > 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > Now I return to one of todo-list issues which is using glibc-likely/unlikely.
> > 
> > First comes a easy case which can be expressed as following script.
> > 
> > cat $1 | sed -e "s/if (__builtin_expect (\(.*\), 0))/if (__glibc_unlikely (\1))/" | sed -e "s/if (__builtin_expect (\(.*\), 1))/if (__glibc_likely (\1))/"
> > 
> 
> Based on Roland's comment, I did some automated verification of the
> patch.  I found the following problems:
> 
> 1. Changes in whitespace in macro definitions
> 2. Changes in whitespace in malloc routines
> 
> Could you fix these and repost?
>
I reposted patch but sourceware thinks its spam,

To avoid that use following link:

http://kam.mff.cuni.cz/~ondra/libc_likely.patch
 



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list