[RFA] New Event Model Prototype

Keith Seitz keiths@cygnus.com
Fri Apr 13 06:50:00 GMT 2001


On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Jim Ingham wrote:

> This seems like a good change.  The only thing I wonder about is if 
> there will ever be an agent that needs to listen to notifications that 
> is NOT a GUI element?

Indeed. We already have a case similar to this: the stop button needs to 
know about idle events. There is no GUI or window-specific code in 
GDBWin, so I am making an object for the stop button to use for event
reporting.

I was hesitant to rename gdbwin.ith (I *hate* deleting files), but, well, 
it seems that it really would be better to call it something like 
GDBEvent or GdbEvent (gdbevent.it[hb]).

I will make the change and repost the change before checking this in. 
(And then I'll start converting other events over to use the same 
mechanism.)

Keith



More information about the Insight mailing list