[RFA] New Event Model Prototype
Fernando Nasser
fnasser@cygnus.com
Thu Apr 12 11:00:00 GMT 2001
Jim Ingham wrote:
>
> Fernando & Keith,
>
> This seems like a good change. The only thing I wonder about is if
> there will ever be an agent that needs to listen to notifications that
> is NOT a GUI element? Hanging the methods off GDBWin forces this to be
> the case. It might be cleaner to make a GDBNotification class, and have
> GDBWin inherit from that (as well as ManagedWin). That way, if you got
> a non-window class that needed to listen to these as well, it could also
> inherit from GDBNotification. It also means that the place to go to
> look up the hooks has ONLY the hooks for notification, and no noise from
> other stuff that might be good to put in GDBWin.
>
Very good idea. I would call it GDBEvents to be shorter to type :-)
> Jim
>
> P.S. When Martin & I first talked about the whole GDBWin thing, it was
> with the notion of using it for this sort of stuff, but I didn't at the
> time think about whether ONLY windows would want this capability... Now
> I give it another thunk, I thought maybe tying them this closely is not
> so good.
>
I don't think Keith will mind making this change. I guess he only used the GDBWin files because they were already there, asking for some "filling" :-)
Thanks for your prompt comments.
Best regards,
Fernando
--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto E-Mail: fnasser@redhat.com
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9
More information about the Insight
mailing list