gdb 9.2 won't build

Doug Abbott doug@intellimetrix.us
Tue Sep 8 16:59:10 GMT 2020

Hi all,

I'm trying to build gdb 9.2 natively on a Linux x86_64 machine, a guest
running under VirtualBox on Windows 10. The linker is throwing a number
of "undefined reference" symbols like tputs and tgetflag which appear to
have something to do with ncurses and/or termcap.

I tried the configure command shown in the wiki under building natively,
adding --disable-tui because that fixed a different problem. I'm
guessing I'm missing a library, but which one?

The reason I'm going through this exercise is that gdb 7.6 that comes
with CentOS 7 won't read the python support functions for KGDB. It
complains about "missing attribute COMPLETE_EXPRESSION".

TIA for any help you can offer.

Doug

--
Doug Abbott