Multiple locations and breakpoints confusion.

Pedro Alves palves@redhat.com
Wed May 2 16:15:00 GMT 2018

On 05/02/2018 04:13 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Pedro Alves <palves@redhat.com>
>> Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 20:32:28 +0100
>>
>> IMO, it's working as intended.
>
> I agree that it's working as intended, but I think the UI is
> confusing.
>
>> Maybe it'd help if we would come up with some concise
>> way to display a location as enabled-but-note-parent-is-disabled
>> differently, like with a different letter or some extra character
>> or something like that.
>
> If disabling the parent disables all of its children, why not show all
> of the children disabled when the parent is disabled?  IOW, why can't
> we make the y/n display use the same logic as the one used when
> deciding whether a breakpoint at a particular location is disabled?
That loses information, i.e., one can't tell which ones were explicitly
disabled, and will be re-enabled.  Really can't see why that's better
and more desirable.  And it'd still be confusing to someone -- "why is
it that when I disable the parent, all its locations show as disabled,
but when I enable the parent, only some locations show as enabled,
why not all?" would then be a legitimate question.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves