gdb compiling - version.c error

Nathália Harumi via gdb gdb@sourceware.org
Mon May 29 18:10:00 GMT 2017

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to enquire about a problem I am having to compile GDB.
When I execute the Makefile, it returns an error:

    g++: error: version.c: No such file or directory
    g++: fatal error: no input files"

I noticed there is a line in Makefile where is missing a parameter on
the .sh calling.

    /bin/bash ./common/create-version.sh . \
          version.c
    mv: missing destination file operand after 'version.c-tmp'
    Try 'mv --help' for more information.

which is the version.c destination.

So, I would like to ask about these parameters on create-version.sh,
once I do not know for sure the meaning of each one.
Also, I would like to highlight this issue, even though I am not sure
if it is a local error or a broken commit.

Thank you,
Nathalia Harumi