gdb cannot find "../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S"

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Thu Jan 14 21:55:00 GMT 2016

On 14 Jan 2016 15:06, Linux Mercedes wrote:
> I have an issue that appears when I'm running gdb from inside ddd. I
> will load and run a program and let it sit a few minutes (waiting on
> stdin input, if that matters). After it has sat a little bit, I will
> get an error dialog that says "../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S No
> such file or directory".

not answering your question directly, but that is a generated file from
glibc, and having its source isn't really useful.  it'd be the same as
looking at the disassembly directly.  you'll see it used for many low
level functions in glibc.
-mike