gdbserver - manually modify Makefile
Orlando Arias
oarias@knights.ucf.edu
Thu Aug 13 20:53:00 GMT 2015
Greetings,
I believe this is happening because you need to supply a --target
parameter to gdbserver as well.
./configure --host=powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu \
--target=powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu \
--disable-werror
Cheers,
Orlando.
On 08/13/2015 04:50 PM, Ran Shalit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've cross compile gdbserver according to wiki in:
> https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/BuildingCrossGDBandGDBserver
> ubuntu@ubuntu-laptop:~/gdb-7.9.1/gdb/gdbserver$ sudo ./configure
> --host=powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu --disable-werror
>
> But on doing :
> make
> I've noticed that it uses the host gcc instead of the cross-compiler gcc.
> Only after manually modifying the Makefie with
> CC = powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu-gcc
> instead of
> CC = gcc
> It was cross compiling as expected.
>
> Can anyone help me understand what was wrong doing in the above steps?
>
> Since this didn't work as expected I'm afraid that maybe the gdb as I
> compiled might also required some manually modifications which I am
> not aware of.
> These are the steps for gdb build:
> ubuntu@ubuntu-laptop:~/gdb-7.9.1/$ sudo ./configure
> --target=powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu --disable-werror
>
> Thank you for your assistance,
> Ran
>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb/attachments/20150813/4c4d0701/attachment.sig>
More information about the Gdb
mailing list