GDB on Mac OS

Stan Shebs stanshebs@google.com
Wed Aug 12 15:35:00 GMT 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:
>> Does that apply to LLVM warnings, too?  There are a whole lot of
>> those.  Some are caused by sending GCC options to the compiler that
>> LLVM doesn’t understand, in spite of the fact that it proclaims itself
>> as GCC.  It seems that configure will need to be able to tell the
>> difference and avoid triggering those LLVM incompatibilities.
>
> I'm not sure about LLVM. I *think* that we're only aiming for
> warning-free with GCC.

In practice, LLVM (more specifically Clang) has been including more
and more GCC flags, just because everybody wants warning-free and
nobody wants configure-hell. :-)

Clang warnings have been catching cases that GCC misses (quite a few
in the Google codebase, in fact), so it seems worthwhile to collect
and check those, at least periodically.

Stan