gobject.pyc: gdb was not built with custom backtrace support, disabling.

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon@redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 15:25:00 GMT 2014

On 27/06/14 16:18, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 27/06/14 14:19, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> This message comes from /usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py. How this
>>> path is included into gdb? I want to remove it from processing.
>>
>> This is coming from the frame filter installed with that
>> package.  Ideally a frame filter should print nothing if it cannot
>> process a stack-frame.  You can remove it permanently from processing
>> by uninstalling the package that installs the frame filter (in Fedora's
>> case, that is glib-devel I think).
>>
>> Alternatively you can use the "disable frame-filter" command in GDB.
>>

> Do I have third option? I don't want to uninstall glib-devel and don't
> want to disable frame-filter. Can I exclude '/usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb'
> from processing? How GDB collects info on frame filters anyway? Do
> they register somewhere?

Frame filters, pretty printers etc all self register via auto

/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/

You will find the auto-load scripts for glib and others there.  You
have many options, but this is not strictly a GDB issue so I can only
advise:

1) File a bug with glib noting the error message is distracting and
serves no purpose.

2) Edit the py file to delete the print.

3) Start GDB with gdb -ex "disable frame-filters all"

4) Edit the glib auto load files not to register the frame filter.

Cheers

Phil