gobject.pyc: gdb was not built with custom backtrace support, disabling.

Aleksey Midenkov midenok@gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:19:00 GMT 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 27/06/14 14:19, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> This message comes from /usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py. How this
>> path is included into gdb? I want to remove it from processing.
>
> This is coming from the frame filter installed with that
> package.  Ideally a frame filter should print nothing if it cannot
> process a stack-frame.  You can remove it permanently from processing
> by uninstalling the package that installs the frame filter (in Fedora's
> case, that is glib-devel I think).
>
> Alternatively you can use the "disable frame-filter" command in GDB.

Do I have third option? I don't want to uninstall glib-devel and don't
want to disable frame-filter. Can I exclude '/usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb'
from processing? How GDB collects info on frame filters anyway? Do
they register somewhere?