Problem with continue/halt - async support

Freddie Chopin freddie_chopin@op.pl
Fri Jun 27 08:26:00 GMT 2014

W dniu 2014-06-27 09:23, Freddie Chopin pisze:
> OK, I'm getting closer... Wit this commit it still works fine:
>
> https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=41aa47b48f0794fdfccc0f2c283433d8e35c5a2c
>

> With this one (3 days later) doing "continue" causes the freeze:
>
> https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=11b28b91b2c51898e1347e62909811cc7dd720ea
>

> Browsing through the commits I suspect this one ("enable target async by
> default; separate MI and target notions of async") to be the cause of
> the problem I'm seeing:
>
> https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=329ea57934a9d4b250a0b417af1ec47bc2d0ceb6
>

> I tried playing with the new options "set mi-async" and "set
> target-async" (both are set to off in here), but this makes no
> difference for me.
>
> I'll verify that this is the commit that causes trouble and report back.

This commit (before whole "async support" series) works fine:

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=434415618f6bb9ac428a8d18ab33111920cd04dc

This commit (after whole "async support" series) has the problem:

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=a09dd4413d1a4ea063173d4822635f41c885f6fe

For completeness - current HEAD still has the problem.

If anyone didn't notice that, then this probably is Windows specific, or
even mingw-w64 specific, or maybe remote-target-OpenOCD specific. As I
wrote previously - GDB is compiled with the most recent package from
Arch Linux, so that's GCC 4.9.0 mingw-w64. The problem is the same for
32-bit and 64-bit compilation.

Any ideas what can I test to help with the bug? I'm going to post a bug
report too...

I added Pedro Alves to CC of this e-mail.

Regards,
FCh