What about add new commands "maintenance agent-breakpoint id expression" and "maintenance agent-eval-breakpoint id expression"

Yao Qi yao@codesourcery.com
Tue Jun 12 02:03:00 GMT 2012

On 06/12/2012 08:15 AM, Hui Zhu wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> The "maintenance agent" and "maintenance agent-eval" are for translate
> an expression into remote agent bytecode.
> Both of them got address info from frame.  But when we use tracepoint or
> breakpoint with agent code, this address is from tracepoint or breakpoint.

Agent expression evaluation makes sense in the context of "current
scope" or "current frame".  We can't switch to a frame at any arbitrary
address, because the frame maybe does not exist.

Any examples that "maint agent" doesn't meet your needs in
breakpoint/tracepoint?  It works in the following simple case,

(gdb) b main if (unsigned int) main > 1
(gdb) maintenance agent-eval (unsigned int) main > 1
  0  const64 134513662
  9  zero_ext 32
 11  const8 1
 13  zero_ext 32