Work on the SIS ERC32 Emulator

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Wed Apr 20 16:38:00 GMT 2011

On 04/20/2011 11:19 AM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
>> Ok.  I though the policy was different for the sims, since they are full
>> of non-FSF copyrighted code.  All right, I have to talk with my Employer
>> about this.  I am pretty familiar with the copyright assignment process
>> with the FSF, but my Employer is not and it may take some time.
> We failed to follow the normal guidelines, and I've heard the reason
> for that in some of the cases, but that was a long time ago. IMO,
> that was a mistake, for several reasons I don't want to detail here.
> However, as you have noticed, because the FSF is not the copyright
> holder of some of the files, we couldn't update the license to GPLv3.

Are they all copyrighted Jiri Gaisler and ESA?

Did Jiri have an FSF assignment on file when at ESA?

Does ESA have an assignment on file?

If the ESA assignment is in place, then it should just be
a matter of asking Jiri. Gaisler/Aeroflex has an assignment
on file now.

I will email Jiri and see what he remembers.  Joel B., do
you have access to the assignment list at FSF?  Or do
we need to ask them?
>> Do you plan to upgrade the files under 'sis' from GPLv2+ to GPLv3+?
> I only see 2 "sis" files: erc32/sis.[hc]. Are these the files you
> are referring to? I don't know how "easy" it's going to be doing
> that upgrade, since the FSF does not hold the copyright to these
> files. I don't think we can upgrade the license on our own, can we?

    Support Available             (256) 722-9985