Trouble with GDB/MI output

Uri Moszkowicz uri@4refs.com
Fri Feb 13 21:01:00 GMT 2009

Hi guys,
I sent an email yesterday but it doesn't appear to have made it to the
list so if you are getting it twice I apologize. Anyway, I'm having
trouble with GDB/mi and hope that you can help. I'm using the CPAN
module Devel::GDB to control GDB through the GDB/mi interface and I
can't get the output of my program to end up in a file merged with the
GDB output. I can get them to go to separate files or to my screen.
The funny thing is the program output seems to go straight to my
terminal, making redirection useless. I get this warning:

&"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not permitted\n"

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Uri