porting reversible on arm/mips

Michael Snyder msnyder@vmware.com
Fri Dec 11 18:50:00 GMT 2009

paawan oza wrote:
> I am not sure whether I got the term 'arm simulator built in gdb"
> can you give some more pointers ?

If you configure gdb as "arm-elf", gdb will build with
its own linked-in arm simulator which you can use by
means of the gdb command "target simulator".

> If I understand correctly,
>
> there is no need for simulators,
> compile gdb with some options, on x86, that will simulate arm gdb with some basic arm environment!
> and I can try to finish architecture part first.

That is correct.   You can build arm-elf-gdb on x86 host.
You will probably want to build arm-elf-gcc and asm and linker,
so that you can compile test programs to simulate.