gdb.base/watchpoint-solib.exp

Vladimir Prus vladimir@codesourcery.com
Sun Jul 13 16:49:00 GMT 2008

Mark Kettenis wrote:

> Hi Vladimir,
>
> The watchpoint-solib.exp test seems to assume hardware watchpoints:
>
>   gdb_test "watch g" "Hardware watchpoint 3: g" "set watchpoint on g"
>
> Is this intentional, or should this be changed to accept "normal"
> software watchpoints too?

Hi Mark,

this test was added by http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.patches/37556
and that commits changes the way the memory locations to watch are stored
and handled for watchpoint. Since software watchpoints do not actually have
any memory locations to watch, I suspect that the crash this test is supposed
to guard against did not happen with software watchpoints. Are you on a target
with no hardware breakpoints?

- Volodya