Symbol tables for separately linked pieces

Stan Shebs stanshebs@earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 17:10:00 GMT 2008

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:55:32AM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:
>
>> Maybe we should compare notes.
>>

> Yes - once we're rolling on that project, expect discussion on this
> list :-)

I'm kind of creeping on it now, mostly looking at symbol table code to
get an idea of what to change. From the user point of view, it seems
pretty natural to extend the source-and-line concept to be
program-and-source-and-line with lots of defaulting, just as line number
alone has an implicit source file.

My chicken scratchings on paper tend to encourage the introduction of a
fully general many-to-many mapping between inferior processes and
objfiles, but I don't yet know if that is overly ambitious for this
round of hackery.

Stan