Wierd problem with gdb 6.x and separate debug info

Andrew Cagney cagney@gnu.org
Sat May 1 14:11:00 GMT 2004

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 15:00, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>
>>> Look at, and run, the gdb.base/sepdebug.exp testcase.  Running that will
>>> at least confirm that the mechanism is working.
>

> I get 2 errors.
> FAIL: run until function breakpoint
> FAIL: run until function breakpoint, optimized file

On Red Hat's RHEL 3 system (i386) I see no failures.

Do you get the other warnings (see gdb.log)?  If not, then these
failures are probably due to other bugs.

> Both using yesterday's cvs snapshot and 6.0.
>

>>> After that, it depends on the system, look at "set
>>> debug-file-directory".  Your system's debug directory may not match GDBs.
>

> I've put the debug info in .debug/ in the same directory as the libs..

Ok, I guess it is finding the relevant files.  Look in gdb.log and check
exactly how objcopy is run.

Andrew