Post GDB 6.2, require new frame code

Michael Mueller m.mueller99@kay-mueller.de
Mon Jun 21 07:54:00 GMT 2004

The new frame infrastructure is dwarf2 based if I understand that
correctly. Does that mean that all stabs support will go away after 6.2?

(I'm using gdb to debug Sun C compiled programs on Solaris/SPARC. The
current version Sun C 5.5 can output dwarf2 but the default still is
stabs and it seems they just have started the transition to dwarf2).

Michael