GDB 6.2 release schedule?

Michael Elizabeth Chastain mec.gnu@mindspring.com
Thu Jun 17 21:03:00 GMT 2004

I think July 1 is too soon to cut the branch.

native i686-pc-linux-gnu has two regressions from gdb 6.1 to gdb HEAD.

  gdb/1650  manythreads.exp
  gdb/1677  [regression] selftest.exp, crash in lookup_symtab

1677 is probably easy to fix.  1650 looks significantly deeper.
The problem with 1650 is that gdb HEAD randomly gets internal errors,
but gdb 6.1 does not, on the same test script.

native hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11 has regressions in 17 test scripts.
I estimate there's about 1 real regression bug per 4-5 test scripts,
so there are about 4-5 real regression bugs to hunt down and fix
(or document).

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-testers/2004-q2/msg00160.html
  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-testers/2004-q2/msg00157.html

Michael C