Binary Compatibility: debug info for compiled Java programs

Andrew Cagney cagney@gnu.org
Wed Jun 9 21:26:00 GMT 2004

> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 05:13, Andrew Haley wrote:
>
>>> So, I'm still unsure about how to proceed.  It looks like Bryce's
>>> suggestion is preferable on efficiency grounds, although it might be
>>> possible to generate DWARF cheaply while laying out classes.
>

> Whatever we do, I'd like to see some solution that attempted to minimize
> communication with the inferior process (for remote debugging
> purposes).

As an issue, it isn't relevant to this discussion.

Andrew asked me about the overhead of extracting data from the inferior.
  I sketched out a number of already proposed changes changes, such as
having the inferior agressively supply memory, that would address the
problems you mention.

Andrew