Binary Compatibility: debug info for compiled Java programs

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Wed Jun 9 20:46:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 05:13, Andrew Haley wrote:
> So, I'm still unsure about how to proceed.  It looks like Bryce's
> suggestion is preferable on efficiency grounds, although it might be
> possible to generate DWARF cheaply while laying out classes.

Whatever we do, I'd like to see some solution that attempted to minimize
communication with the inferior process (for remote debugging
purposes).  I also agree with Andrew that it would be bad to do
something preventing us from debugging core files.

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>
Red Hat, Inc.