Threading bug, already solved, or is there a workaround?

Duncan Sands duncan.sands@math.u-psud.fr
Mon Dec 6 16:16:00 GMT 2004

> > If i try to debug an multithread application with gdb, the threads aren't
> > started. Without gdb all is working fine.
> >
> > An minimal example program for Qt with qmake.
> >
> > The regular output would be:
>
> Your test works for me on Debian unstable.  I can only assume that SuSE
> has some change in glibc, libqt, or the kernel that caused this
> problem; you may want to take it up with SuSE.

Yes, SuSE recently distributed a new kernel (2.6.5-7.111.5) which breaks gdb
with multithreaded apps.  I worked around it by compiling my own more recent
kernel.  I don't know if SuSE is aware of the problem.

All the best,

Duncan.