Threading bug, already solved, or is there a workaround?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Mon Dec 6 15:59:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 10:56:15AM +0100, Tobias Erbsland wrote:

> Hello
>
> > > I'm currently try to debug a multithreaded application with gdb. It seems
> > > that there are this threading problems described in the PROBLEMS
> > > document. (It's a SuSE 9.2, but i installed gdb 6.3 in the hope, the bug
> > > is already solved.)
> > >
> > > Is there already a solution for that problem? Or is there a workaround?
> >
> > Which problem, specifically, do you mean?  What symptoms do you see?
>
> If i try to debug an multithread application with gdb, the threads aren't
> started. Without gdb all is working fine.
>
> An minimal example program for Qt with qmake.
>
> The regular output would be:

Your test works for me on Debian unstable.  I can only assume that SuSE
has some change in glibc, libqt, or the kernel that caused this
problem; you may want to take it up with SuSE.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz