[Various] obsoleting the annotate level 2 interface

Arnaud Charlet charlet@ACT-Europe.FR
Wed Jan 29 15:31:00 GMT 2003


> I don't know about you, but if my project was in this situtation I'd be 
> doing everything possible to move away from annotations and towards MI.

We're not going to drop annotations anytime soon, since supporting older
versions of gdb is important.

So in any case, we're talking about supporting *both* annotations and MI.

Since as I stated in a previous message, MI has currently known limitations and
drawbacks, I'm sure you'll agree that if you were in our situation, you
would hesitate adding support for MI at this stage, and would rather wait
for things to stabilize.

Once MI has stabilized and provides a way to have a command  line for end
users, then it will indeed be reasonable to concentrate on MI only.

Arno



More information about the Gdb mailing list