[Linux-ia64] elf64
Piet/Pete Delaney
piet@sgi.com
Thu Mar 21 18:10:00 GMT 2002
On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 12:26:48PM +1100, Keith Owens wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:20:30 -0800,
> Piet/Pete Delaney <piet@sgi.com> wrote:
> >I was wondering if elf64 is a feature provided in
> >recient version of binutils for ia64.
>
> Don't understand the question. All 64 bit machines require elf 64 bit
> support.
HP's gdb Autoconfig classified RedHat ia64 7.2 as a configuration with a 'oldld'
and I thought maybe it was just the autoconfig bdf files that were wrong
so I classified the linuxoldld as a elf64 and got a problem with the
the elf_em.h missing:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ia64*-*-*elf64*)
targ_defvec=bfd_elf64_ia64_vec
targ_selvecs=bfd_elf64_ia64_little_header_vec
;;
+ ia64-unknown-linuxoldld*)
+ targ_defvec=bfd_elf64_ia64_vec
+ targ_selvecs=bfd_elf64_ia64_little_header_vec
+ ;;
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunatley that results in:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
cc -c -DHOST_IA64 -I. -I. -I./../include elf64-ia64.c
elf64-ia64.c:43:20: elf_em.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [elf64-ia64.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/piet/src/kwdb/src/bfd'
make: *** [all-bfd] Error 2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like David Mosberger version of bdf/elf64-ia64.c has replaced
the Copyright 1993 version in HP's code.
Looks like I picked up code that's very out of date.
-piet
More information about the Gdb
mailing list