problem w/ igen, multiple -M models, and -G gen-multi-sim.
Andrew Cagney
ac131313@cygnus.com
Thu Mar 14 18:46:00 GMT 2002
> what's happening is that make_gen_semantics_list() is calling
> insn_list_insert() to insert the DMxC1_COP1Sb on to the semantics list
> (OK), but insn_list_insert finds that all of the keys it cares about
> are the same, thinks it's a duplicate of DMxC1_COP1Sa, and merges it
> into DMxC1_COP1Sa (not so OK), and as a result no semantic function is
> generated for DMxC1_COP1Sb.
Sounds like another key is needed (I keep adding them :-).
> I don't know what the right solution here is, but I figured others
> might want to be aware of the problem and might have comments.
>
> Having talked w/ Andrew a bit about the future of the MIPS sim, it's
> going to move away from using -M like this, and instead use multiple
> igen runs to generate simulators for different machines. So, this
> isn't something that I need a solution to.
>
> I just wanted people who might care in the future to have a reference
> in the list archives. If a solution comes out of this, well, that'd
> be fine by me, too. 8-)
Turns out that such instructions need to be given unique field-names as
they would otherwise generate functions with the same name. Just explot it.
See attached. It works for your example.
Andrew
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: diffs
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb/attachments/20020314/c50c8306/attachment.ksh>
More information about the Gdb
mailing list