debugging an Atmel EB40 with a Jeeni

Shaun Jackman shaunj@gray-interfaces.com
Mon Sep 25 11:29:00 GMT 2000

I have an Atmel EB40. I'm using GDB and a Jeeni to debug it.
When I set the ARM CPSR register, I get a data abort.
This shouldn't touch data at all. What's happening?
This GDB was configured as "--host=i586-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf"...
(gdb) target rdi e=jeeni
JEENI (ADP, ARM7TDI) Rev 2.0
Rebuilt on Oct 18 1999 at 18:31:13
SN=0009J002 ENET=00:80:CF:00:09:E4
IP=192.168.2.2
Connected to ARM RDI target.
(gdb) set $cpsr=0x1f
RDI_read: data abort, no memory at specified address?
RDI_read: data abort, no memory at specified address?
Cannot access memory at address 0x852b5a7c
(gdb)
The address (0x852b5a7c) is way out in lala land and if
anything tried to access it it would definately cause a data abort.

Also, a really strange issue with a block memory clear hanging.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i586-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf"...
(gdb) target rdi e=jeeni
JEENI (ADP, ARM7TDI) Rev 2.0
Rebuilt on Oct 18 1999 at 18:31:13
SN=0009J002 ENET=00:80:CF:00:09:E4
IP=192.168.2.2
Connected to ARM RDI target.
(gdb) set *(int*)0xffe00020=1
(gdb) set *(int*)0xffe00004=0x2002121
(gdb) set *(char*)0x20005a3 = 0
(gdb) set *(char*)0x20005a4 = 0
(gdb) set *(char*)0x20005a5 = 0
(gdb) set (char[0x5a5])*0x2000000={}
[hangs here, never hear a word from it again]

The two writes to 0xffe0xxxx map the sram to 0x2000000.
All the above writes work just fine, but any block clear larger than 0x5a4 hangs it.
Any idea what's happening here?

Thanks,
Shaun