Grrr: Sunos4-1-4 builds...

David S. Miller davem@caip.rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 5 14:13:00 GMT 1995

   From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@cygnus.com>
   Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 11:13:46 -0400

      Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 03:47:53 -0400
      From: "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>

      Building the linker uses flex, however the configuration process does
      not add '-lfl' to the list of libraries to link the final ld.new
      binary with.  Is there a certain reason that -lfl is not added to the
      set of libs to link with?

   It shouldn't be necessary, at least not for modern versions of flex.
   -lfl just defines main and yywrap.  main is defined in ldmain.c, and
   yywrap is defined in ldlex.l.  Is it causing trouble?  What version of
   flex are you using?

Currently flex 2.4.5 is installed on the machine which I do SunOS gas
testing..  Precisely, without adding -lfl the compilation fails with
undefined references to:

_yy_flex_realloc
_yy_flex_free
_yy_flex_alloc

This could be something stupid with the way I installed flex or the
fact that is an older version.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu