Grrr: Sunos4-1-4 builds...

Ian Lance Taylor ian@cygnus.com
Thu Oct 5 14:58:00 GMT 1995

   Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 16:25:08 -0400
   From: "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>

   Currently flex 2.4.5 is installed on the machine which I do SunOS gas
   testing..  Precisely, without adding -lfl the compilation fails with
   undefined references to:

   _yy_flex_realloc
   _yy_flex_free
   _yy_flex_alloc

   This could be something stupid with the way I installed flex or the
   fact that is an older version.

I don't have any copies of flex which are that old, so I don't know
what the problem is.

We are running flex 2.5.2.

Linking against -lfl will cause problems if people are not using lex
rather than flex, since in that case -lfl won't exist.  You can use a
different lexer by building with make LEX=lex.

Ian