16-bit i386 code support

Ken Raeburn raeburn@cygnus.com
Mon Jan 23 12:04:00 GMT 1995

   Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 12:15:09 MST
   From: Bryan Ford <baford@schirf.cs.utah.edu>

   Hi - what's the current gas status w.r.t. my 16-bit i386 support patches?
   I finally sent off the copyright release (sorry it took so long);
   the FSF should have received it by now.

I don't see it listed, as of 5:42 yesterday morning, the last time my
nightly batch job fetched a copy of the file from the FSF.  I'll send
off some mail and see what's up.

   Also, I have a few "final" bug fixes to send you - in fact, one of the
   bugs affected 32-bit code as well as 16-bit (segment register prefixes
   didn't work with the mov ax<->disp32 instruction).  As of today
   I have a complete DOS extender working here, with raw, XMS, VCPI, and
   DPMI support, built completely with the GNU tools and mostly written in C -
   a fairly exhaustive test of the 16-bit support I think. :-)

Wow!

   Anyway, would you like another incremental patch based on the last
   set of patches I sent you, or just an all-in-one patch based on
   vanilla binutils-2.5.2?

Ideal would be patches based on the latest snapshots on ftp.cygnus.com
in ~ftp/private/gas.  But one big set of patches to 2.5.2 would do.

Ken