[ECOS] I read instructions but as usual.... HELP !

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Wed Feb 5 15:38:00 GMT 2003

Stefano Gallina wrote:
> Well, and now i have to build Ecos and when i saw the
> error to build Ecos ( i read the instructions on the
> site) i wanted to shoutdown the pc and going home.
> Is there any way to use Sid without using Ecos ?

Yes! Build your own toolchain but include newlib (the instructions on the
eCos web site don't build newlib as ecos doesn't need it).

After that, just compile and run normal programs.

 > Could
> anybody send some assembly or C code to manage a
> serial port for an ARM processor ?

eCos has plenty of these for various serial devices. See devs/serial in
the sources. These drivers are specific to eCos though.

> Anyway the error i got this time to build ecos is the
> following :
>
>  Process 2092 created "make -j1"
> make -r -C hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1 headers
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/cygdrive/c/ecos-work/Senza_build/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1'

Go to http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html and check out the
current CVS sources, rather than use 1.3.1. And then from the same page
download the updated host tools mentioned further down on that page.