[ECOS] AT91EB40 wiggler JTAG programmer

Scott Dattalo scott@dattalo.com
Fri Aug 9 07:42:00 GMT 2002

On 9 Aug 2002, Ulrich Dahl wrote:

> Hi
>
> I seem to recall that Scott had a problem on the EB40 board were he
> could get redboot_RAM into ram but it seemed like it wouldn't execute
> the redboot code, because he didn't get a prompt in minicom..
>
> I have the exect same problem, angel will load redboot_RAM into ram but
> not execute it..
>
> So I wanted to use the JTAG interface to write redboot_ROMRAM straight
> into Flash, and thus not needing to worry about Angel..
>
> But I will try again, with xyzmodem, maube the problem is minicom..?

Yes I did have this problem. I spent a week on it and then tried the other
EB40 board I purchased. It worked fine, so I assume the first board had
some kind of error. However, this behavior is suspicious because the "bad
board" seemed to mostly work. Furthermore, it worked just fine with the
Atmel demo development code.

I have been looking at the software side of my project for the last month.
I'm just now about to start on the hardware side again. I'm not sure if
I'll use the EB40 or EB40A since my application needs 8Meg of Flash.
(neither supports that much, but I'm hoping to get a plug in expansion
card -- if ones not available then I'll have to build one).

Scott