I've written an xml profiling tool

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Thu Sep 19 02:27:00 GMT 2002


Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>:
> > stylesheet=/usr/tmp/xmlprofile$$.xml
> 
> Not in my package!  I will change this to use mktemp. :-)

Oh, yeah.  Duh.  Good call.
 
> > <!-- Generate DocBook instance with correct DOCTYPE -->
> > <xsl:output method="xml" 
> >             doctype-public="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
> >             doctype-system="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/docbookx.dtd"/>
> 
> I'm a bit confused about what's happening here.  We don't know that
> DocBook XML V4.1.2 is the correct version to use, do we?  What if the
> input is DocBook XML V4.2 for instance?  Also, the system identifier
> seems to be for a different version altogether.

I don't grok XSLT yet, so I copied the skeleton for the profiling
stylesheet straight from Jira Kosek's stylesheet and hacked it as
little as I could.  It seems to work.  That's all I know.

The original is at <http://www.kosek.cz/xml/dboscon/profiling/frames.html>.
-- 
		<a href="http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 232 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/docbook-tools-discuss/attachments/20020919/064501c4/attachment.sig>


More information about the Docbook-tools-discuss mailing list