new release soon
Tim Waugh
twaugh@redhat.com
Thu Apr 18 12:34:00 GMT 2002
On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 11:48:08AM -0600, Mark Galassi wrote:
> What a sec, why do things differently? You should do
>
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make distcheck
> # (make sure you do "distcheck")
Unfortunately, this doesn't work (and didn't work before I touched
CVS). jw.1.in needs to be generated by hand, or else configure
fails. (This step seems to be done by Makefile.cvs.)
It would be nice to fix this so that we can just do a normal release
as you suggest. Patches welcome.
> At one point Eric had mistakenly removed docbook-utils.spec from the
> EXTRA_DIST and hence made it impossible to do the "rpm -ta
> file.tar.gz", but I think I reintroduced it, or in any case it should
> be done.
Right. It seems to be missing. Thanks for catching that.
> Finally, as you feel you are close to being ready, can you point me
> to the tarballs so I can see if they work on solaris? It's always a
> good shakeout to test these things on a different OS.
As I said: check out current CVS, then make -f Makefile.cvs;
./configure; make dist.
Perhaps I ought to do a pre-release after all..
Tim.
*/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 232 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/docbook-tools-discuss/attachments/20020418/a548c35c/attachment.sig>
More information about the Docbook-tools-discuss
mailing list