new release soon
Mark Galassi
rosalia@galassi.org
Thu Apr 18 10:47:00 GMT 2002
Tim> I am planning on making a new release of docbook-utils soon
Tim> (within the next week or two). I don't plan on changing much
Tim> from what is currently in CVS.
Tim> Please take a look and shout if there is something wrong. To
Tim> get a tarball, use 'make -f Makefile.cvs', './configure', and
Tim> 'make dist'.
What a sec, why do things differently? You should do
./autogen.sh
./configure
make distcheck
# (make sure you do "distcheck")
(note the above steps are even more nicely done building in a separate
directory)
and then, since we use automake/autoconf properly, you can build the
RPMs with
rpm -ta docbook-utils-version.tar.gz
then you're done, and all in a gnulitically correct way.
At one point Eric had mistakenly removed docbook-utils.spec from the
EXTRA_DIST and hence made it impossible to do the "rpm -ta
file.tar.gz", but I think I reintroduced it, or in any case it should
be done.
Finally, as you feel you are close to being ready, can you point me to
the tarballs so I can see if they work on solaris? It's always a good
shakeout to test these things on a different OS.
More information about the Docbook-tools-discuss
mailing list