incorrect text mode graphic character display

briand@pounceofcats.com briand@pounceofcats.com
Fri May 8 15:01:49 GMT 2020

On Thu, 7 May 2020 21:03:01 -0600
Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca> wrote:

> On 2020-05-07 16:12, Brian D wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 May 2020 15:52:06 -0600, Brian Inglis wrote:
> [please ensure all email addresses are stripped from the body]
> >> As that env var is interpreted by the main Cygwin process cygwin1.dll, which has
> >> to be unloaded and reloaded, I'd set CYGWIN=disable_pcon in the System
> >> environment, then shut down all Cygwin processes, as you would before running
> >> setup, log off, and log on.
>
> > Given that Eric's suggestion to downgrade the cygwin.dll version to 3.07
> > worked, is it still worth trying this ?> I will if it might give someone an idea of what would need to be fixed on a
> > future version.
> It might avoid problems the next time setup updates the cygwin package and dll.

ok. went through that process and rebooted instead of logging off, just for good measure.

same problem.

downgrading to 3.07 is the only thing that works at this point.

--
Brian