No support for ACLs on network shares?

Matt D. matt@codespunk.com
Mon Nov 23 12:29:00 GMT 2015

Andrey,

My samba server is configured to use winbind and when inspecting the
file using explorer properties, the SIDs resolve correctly as:

"NAME (HOSTNAME\username)"

where "NAME" is my name on the unix account and "username" is my login.

The problem is that Cygwin isn't aware of this SID since it's the user I
log in as to the remove server and isn't a local SID.

Using noacl is a valid workaround but I would prefer an ACL-supported
solution if possible.

Matt D.